Wednesday, March 03, 2010

Odd things

Odd Thing #1

I can't throw away clothes.

Other people can throw out clothes when they get too ripped or stained, or whatever. It takes an ENORMOUS act of willpower for me to throw out something, even something as hideous as the pair of black slacks that are so threadbare you can see my legs thru them if I put them on. "They're still good for gardening", I rationalize.

Stained t-shirts are great for around-the-house chores. Nevermind that I have to spend more time getting ready if I want to go out because I have to change clothes.

My closet is packed with stuff I don't wear. It's embarassing. Some of it I give away to Goodwill or whoever has the bins out by the car wash now - but a lot of it is VERY dated (nobody would want to wear it any more than I do..)

Let's face it - I'm NEVER getting back into those size 8 jeans in the bottom drawer...

I need to adjust my mind-set on this one, but it is difficult.

190 of 625.

4 comments:

DILLIGAF said...

Having been frequently described as 'an odd thing' I have full sympathy with your jeans.

Should I seek psychiatric help?..;-)

Zac said...

Are there more "Odd Thing"s to come?

BBC said...

Most folks that know me have gotten used to me in my rags that are my friends to me. They know that I have some good clothes, they have just learned that prefer my old friends.

I have nothing that can go to Goodwill, only to the rag bag. Of course there are some that think that because I'm intelligent but dress like a bum that I'm a millionaire.

Rolls eyes....

Croila said...

Hmmm, I'm so good at throwing clothes away I've hardly any left. Trouble is, I loathe shopping so replacing them becomes a problem!