Tuesday, January 19, 2010

OMG!! WTF??? BBQ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111111111ELEVENTYONE!!!!

What is that STRANGE - UNEARTHLY GLOW IN THE SKY?????????????????


Oh. Yeah. Sunshine. Forgot about that. Heh.

So, I took Kili to the vet on Thursday to get her vacinations caught up so she can be boarded at their facility while I am in Florida. ($$$!!) Someone was decidedly NOT HAPPY at travelling yet again to the V-E-T in the cat-carry-box-of-DOOM. She peed on the towel I have on the bottom to keep it warmer. *grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr*

Anyhow, vet tells me that for a 17 yr old, almost 18 yr old cat, she's pretty healthy, the only bad thing is that her kidneys are starting to lose mass, which means they are starting to "go". *sigh*. I have a feeling I won't have a cat in the house anymore much longer. Still and all, the vet says I take good care of her, and that most cats don't make it this far, so I'm glad we've had as much time together as we have had.

All this advance planning for the trip is making me stress out some (I haven't flown in YEARS) - and so work on things like the quilt for Kal and my diningroom makeover are kind of falling by the wayside. I need to finish all the arrangements for Florida so I can get back to being happily busy on house stuff.

Channelling my Inner Martha Stewart, as it were.

I'm feeling good, though - a bit on the sleepy side still, but otherwise fine and happy. Makes for boring blog posts, though.

Sorry.

2 comments:

Croila said...

We saw this strange watery orange thing hanging up there in the sky too, yesterday, for a couple of hours. No sign of it today though ...

DILLIGAF said...

You GO KILI!!!!

You can get tabs for liver / kidney stuff...keeps em going a bit longer - with quality of life of course.

Cats can live into their 20's...except they are inordinately accident prone - not 'sure footed' as legend has it. Actually they're bloody clumsy and should avoid tops of fences...

Anyroad.

Good luck Kili from Maximus Spittimus, Bumble, DJ and Scampi.

Four Dinners
Aide de Camp to
http://maximusspittimus.blogspot.com

(he nearly killed me tonight by the way....)

extra good luck from me (4D), Caz and Jax 'n all...xxx