Thursday, September 17, 2009

Thursday, and the Auditor is in....

So I got up this morning, and the Pumpkin Toy was at the top of the stairs. I kicked it down, went to the bathroom, and when I came out, Kili was at the top of the stairs, staring at me. Angrily.

She proceeded to tell me off, in no uncertain maows. I don't speak Cat, but it was fairly obvious she was unhappy with me because she couldn't find Mindi. They'd been together since before birth. How the hell do you explain to a cat that another cat just isn't gonna come back? This promises to be a difficult little while at la casa de Sewmouse. Spent an extra 15 min. this morning snuggling with Kili, but I still felt sad when I left for work.

Helen, of Margaret and Helen commented on the Glenn Beck 9/12 protesters. One paragraph stood out from the others for me. Click the paragraph to read the entire piece:

Let me just say something about the 9-12 Project. On September 12, 2001 everyone was an American. There were no Blue States and no Red States. There were no Black Americans and no White Americans. There were no Europeans, no Asians, no Hispanics, no Africans… The world was standing with America against the evil that is terrorism. The globe was united like never before. And what did our President do when given that moment? He told us all to go shopping while he and his buddies planned a war. And 8 years later the 9-12 project has been reduced to a movement of no Blacks, no Hispanics, no Asians… just 78,000 white people who can’t spell.

No comments: