Monday, August 17, 2009

Wet Monday

Most all of this weekend it has been raining cats and dogs and small furry creatures from Alpha Centauri. Woke up to yet another thunderstorm. I sure do hope Mom Nature is getting all this wet out of her system so this winter will be dry. Cold I can deal with. Sn*w.... Not So Much.

As a result, I've spent most of my time indoors, doing a little housework, and rather a lot of napping - but also working on quilt stuff. Chopping up fabric, for the most part.

There is the Pink & Brown thing to finish - I never did get it completely cut out, and even though it is EASY PEASY to piece, it isn't making me anxious to finish it, which suxxors.

Then there is Amanda's Green Thing MachII - I've cut a few strips out of each color and as soon as I get the blocks done for the Pink & Brown Thing, I'm going to piece a few of the blocks for that one and see how well it looks. I am positively optimistic about it - which may be utterly unfounded - but we shall see.

Then there is a quilt that is a bit of a challenge for me. I got a list of colours (UK spelling intentional) from a friend and am trying to make a special light-weight one for him with them included. Not easy, as he is primarily a Dark One in terms of colour preference, but I think I've come up with something that will work well. I've got the fabric, now I just need to cut and piece. This one is also calling to me to work on it.

I also have the blue&white card trick to cut and piece. I'm really motivated again for some reason, and I'm glad glad glad about it.

I think I'm going to have to take some more pictures.

3 comments:

Croila said...

Gah, what IS it with this stupid rain? It's raining even more crazily here in Edinburgh and I got caught in a torrential downpour this afternoon. Soggy trousers and hair, ugh :-(

BOSSY said...

That's why Bossy never learned how to knit or sew or quilt. Interferes too much with nap time.

BBC said...

It's been the most wonderful spring and summer here. But now we could use a little rain.