Wednesday, March 25, 2009

It was the best of times, it was the worst of times...

I finally understand the Tale of Two Cities - from a different perspective. Sorta.

Actually, I understand the entire French Revolution in a much more up-close and personal way, and it is all thanks to Mr. Geithner, Mr. Bernake and the miscreants at AIG and the other banks.

I see all around me folks being evicted, forclosed homes being sold at auction – sometimes for pennies of what they were worth. Not all of these homes are McMansions, some of them are very, very modest dwellings where people lost their jobs, or had some medical tragedy that just destroyed their delicate financial balancing act.

And then I hear that someone who FUCKED UP – and destroyed the financial system in general and the savings of many of these folks who are being evicted in particular – are getting MILLIONS of dollars as a bonus.

A BONUS – a REWARD.

Think about this – this isn’t their usual Salary. This isn’t money they depend on to pay their bills and feed the dog – this is a BONUS – EXTRA money. Presumably their regular pay would be considerably larger – as a BONUS is usually just a fraction of the amount of one’s annual salary. No wonder these assholes can’t figure out why people are angry at them. They not only don’t “get” it – they cannot possibly FATHOM a life without their every slightest whim being immediately catered.

The amount of just ONE guy’s bonus would probably pay off the ENTIRE mortgages for 20 or more of the houses in the area around my subdivision that are empty due to foreclosure. And now the government wants to calm us down about this – they don’t want a “mob” mentality.

I’m sorry, but I disagree. We NEED a mob mentality. We need Madame DeFarge and the knitting ladies, and Madame Guillotine – OFF WITH THEIR HEADS. Grab pitchforks and torches. It seems that every few generations it is necessary for the MANY to remind the privileged FEW that they only get to beat us SO much before we take it back – and do so in rather painful ways.

The Marie Antoinette’s and Barbara Bush’s need to both be treated equally. The time for “peasant revolt” is NOW.

Viva Le Revolution!!!!

3 comments:

BBC said...

I revolted by getting very basic and not spending anymore money than I have to, it's the only way I can hurt the rich.

On the plus side, it means that I have more money than I need.

And the fact that I screwed up on my figures and have had a grand more in my checking account for about two years than I thought I did is something I can live with.

Free and clear property and more money than I need, I guess I'm sitting pretty good compared too many.

I hope that all is going well with you, just dropped by to see how you are doing. The bum hopes that you are well.

The Preacherman said...

The revolution died down. G20 should have got it going for months but it just petered out.

Concentrating on the molotovs now....

rauf said...

i remember while watching Micheal Moore's Farenheit 911 an Iraqui woman
screaming a curse standing in front of her bombed house in which her family was killed. she screamed you destroyed my house God will destroy yours.