Thursday, September 11, 2008

Thoughts and aggravation: Balancing the Checkbook

So I'm out of balance by $27.00. And you can tell - just from the number - that it HAS to be a transposed-number issue. Unfortunately, despite my 3-day intensive effort, I cannot for the life of me figure out where I have fardleschnockered up. This is the second month running that I've had this problem. I begin to worry about some form of numeric dyslexia. Not a good thing for an accountant.

Meanwhile, during lunch I spent some time perusing blogs and stuff. It brought to mind the damn political situation again. It seems the buzzword of the year is "Change". Senator Obama brought it up first, and the enthusiastic acclaim it received apparently convinced Fuhrer Rove and his minions that their candidate should attempt to conscript the phrase to their campaign.

Now, I have thought about the "change" that all these folks promise. And I have to admit that I do believe that EITHER of these candidates, or their VP's will bring change.

However, change is a funny thing. See, GWB brought change as well. He used his office to Change the Constitution of the United States from a sacred document that actually IS the United States of America (as opposed to a symbol like a flag). He changed the Constitution from that to a "Goddamn Piece of Paper".

GWB changed our federal budget from one with a budget surplus that was being used to lower our federal debt - to one with a TRILLION PLUS annual deficit.

GWB changed our relations with the middle east in such an incredible way that one of our most needed commodities has risen in price over 200% since he TOOK office.

He has changed our country from a government with three co-equal branches with checks and balances on the powers that be - to what can only be described as a "Temper Tantrum Dictatorship".

This is, however, change. Change for the worse, yes. But change, none-the-less.

I am certain, that if Senator McCain and Not-A-Community-Organizer Governor Palin are sworn into office next January, there will be change from what we have now.

I fear that change, as it will - IMNSHO - be far, far worse than anything we've seen before.
Governor Palin? Having a Vagina is NOT ENOUGH to qualify you to be a candidate worthy of my vote.

130 days

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Bush is not running for President, so the ills he has brought upon the country mean little regarding either of the candidates. I don't buy into the latest run that McCain = four more years of Bush because it simply isn't true. It's a scare tactic. People who believe it haven't been paying attention. He has done his own thing, a fact that has caused most traditional conservatives to shudder in frustration.

Assuming Obama/Biden take the election and you get you wish... with Obama's background in mind... what changes do you see happening over the next 4 years?