Tuesday, August 05, 2008

To vet, or not to vet...

Something is wrong with Mindi, the fat kitty.

It could just be that she's old and has arthritis or something - but she's been favoring her right hind leg, and instead of trotting down the stairs, she hops like a bunnyrabbit.

Lately when she goes to lay down, it becomes a major production number, very slowly lowering herself to the floor as if it were painful.

I know I have to take her to the Vet. I'm actually afraid of what he/she will tell me, however. I can't afford to spend 1000's of dollars on a cat - but Mindi is such a honeylove - she cuddles, she looks up into my face with those big blue trusting eyes... she slobbers all over my shirt...

Ok, the slobber part isn't all that great, but she's done it like forever. And she's not so far gone that she couldn't knock over the trash can while I was eating dinner and try to steal the skin from the salmon filet...

If it's something bad like cancer, I'll have to have the vet put her down. I went through that horror with Sasha, and I'll not allow vets to chop hunks off my cats anymore.

167 days

1 comment:

Amanda said...

awww Mindi....

lemme know how the vet visit goes. she was my favorite of the two. I always miss her cover/shirt slobberings....