Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Benjamin Franklin was a Sadistic Bastard

According to the movie "National Treasure" (and considering how easy it actually would be to Google the truth, I'm going to assume that Bruckheimer, et al did their homework), Benjamin Franklin is responsible for the idea of "Daylight Savings Time".

Fall back. I can deal with that. The extra hour of sleep - or play - or cleaning - or whatever - is always welcome. I like being on-time or early for work for a week or so while my body adjusts.

The problem is with this past weekend - "Spring Ahead". No. I don't want to. I want to stay laid back in my Fall Back time zone and forget this "Spring Ahead" nonsense. I'm TIRED, dammit!! It's only 7:30, I should just NOW be getting dressed and driving to work, well-rested and perky, instead of glowering at my computer screen, hovering protectively over my cup of coffee and trying to remember if this is Tuesday, and what needs doing if it is.

If the farking government is going to force this on us annually, then I think they should be paying for FREE STARBUCKS FOR EVERYONE FOR THE WEEK.

Yours Snoozefully,
Sewmouzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

PS:
I couldn't take myself out to dinner for Amanda's birthday last nite, as I forgot it was Monday nite and all the Chinese restaurants in the area are closed on Mondays. I don't know why. Apparently it's the holy day of take-out-in-white-boxes or something.



314 Days

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Our clocks go forward on March the 25th. But I wouldn't have known that if I hadn't read your post and gone to look it up so thank you for the reminder! At last, the clock in my car will be correct. I was too lazy to read the manual to figure out how to put it back an hour, so I've been driving around since the 28th of October with it being an hour out. I've got used to it now though!

rauf said...

The idea is to make you work more.