Thursday, September 20, 2007

Holiday Planning

So I'm planning to take a couple days off work next month and go down to Florida and visit the Dadster. Gonna drive. Which means I'll be stopping over about 1/2 way down. Trying to find a decent hotel/motel/whatever to stay because I don't want to spend a fortune, but I am also not wanting to freeload on my friends either.

Meh.

I hate doing all this research baloney. I'm not sure I trust the "user reviews", because sometimes there is a one-off bad stay at a hotel - and sometimes folks have expectations that are vastly different from my own. For instance, I expect a certain level of cleanliness/quality at a 3-star rated hotel than I do at a 2 or 4 star one, but this is MY expectations. What do you do when you research the same site on several booking sites and get 3 different ratings?

"The best part of our stay was the hotel" vs. "What a dump! Don't stay here!!" Who to believe?

Tonite I'll have to make a decision, most likely, so that I get the rate that I'd prefer. But I sure do wish I had a way to run a real-time robot-cam through all the possible hotels before I made a reservation!!

487 days

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hotels are tricky. When I'm out in the hinterlands (usually when I'm doing familial research--genealogy--without the Frogette). I stick to the chains and hope for the best. Cleanliness is not usually a problem, and I don't hope for much more.

Anonymous said...

I agree chains are usually pretty clean. Nothing fancy but who cares if it's just an overnight.

The Future Was Yesterday said...

"What do you do when you research the same site on several booking sites and get 3 different ratings?"
Cross my fingers, and pray, quite honestly.

Anonymous said...

"What do you do when you research the same site on several booking sites and get 3 different ratings?"

Maybe pick somewhere else ..? But, the chain idea is probably a good idea. Basic but clean? Good luck with sorting it out Sewmouse.