Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Interesting Things from the Interwebs...

Everybody in the UK is writing a book. And getting it published. And they're all essentially compilations of their posts from their blogs. Dayum.

I need to write a better class of posts, I suppose. Not that I disagree with a LARGE number of them. Tom Reynolds from Random Acts of Reality for instance, has an interesting topic (although I really think Kal does an equally excellent job), and writes well. I'm sure his blog makes a grand book, and just wish I could get it here via Amazon without dealing with the asshat book re-sellers who want $12 for the book and $20 for shipping.

On the other hand, we have some goofball guy who is cruising chatrooms as a female ("loopylisa21f") and behaving stupidly and then using these "chat logs" as the fodder for his literary work. He also has been promoting this venture by co-opting time on other people's blogs. The really sad bit is that loopylisa21f isn't all that entertaining. Certainly not funny enough to be getting the kinds of reactions that the folks allowing him to co-opt their blogs are allegedly having ("hillarious" said one - "funny stuff" said another). I still have the KOOCHD transcript, which is 100,000 times funnier than anything I've seen this dude come up with - and the infamous coffee-chat from years, and years, and years ago - that still cracks me up. This guy is a novice, and not all that amusing.

In other news...

Some guy tried to smuggle his pet monkey onto an airplane under his hat. I thought ALL livestock had to travel in the plane's tummy. Since when do they let little doggies on in doggie-handbags, or monkeys in hats? FFS. You can't even bring toothpaste on the airplane, but you can bring things with TEETH?????

Yesterday I picked 43 baby "cherry" tomatoes off the 2 small bushes, and 3 mid-size ones off the larger bush. If this continues, I may have to make some pasta sauce from scratch. I've always wanted to try that - never had enough tomatoes to do it. This could be my year - although peeling all those itty small tomatoes would be quite the chore...

Off to run checks - TTYL

530 days

6 comments:

BBC said...

I don't think that a lot of those books get sold and make the authors much money. But if I did put together a book I wouldn't do it for the money anyway.

Anonymous said...

You don't need to peel those tomatoes. Just mash the shit out of them and pull out the bigger pieces of skin. I make fresh tomato sauce all the time and I don't peel. People can pick it out of their teeth if need be.

Hmmmmmm I think I'll make some sauce this weekend, too. Freeze a few containers for another day.

Anonymous said...

Bush ftw

Sewmouse said...

*thwaps visionary upside the head*

Been thinking about you.

Peacechick Mary said...

I guess they don't worry about monkeys trying to set their shoes on fire or taking out the crew at gunpoint. Next time you fly, they will ask, "got any monkeys on you?"

Anonymous said...

Q