Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Chicken Soup

It's SUMMER time. I shouldn't have to eat chicken soup. But I do - I will - I must. This cold is finally starting to let up some. Being a hermit crab here at work is key - that and the huge bottle of Lavendar/Chamomile hand sanitizer.

Having simply OODLES of fun pulling tomatoes off the small plants. Unfortunately I'm too spooked by that weird maggoty hornworm to actually eat any of them anymore, as they have all split down the side from the excessive water the last few weeks. Boo, hiss.

Spent the last couple evenings putting together cheap furniture. I got a little shelf dealie for my DVD's, and another bookshelf. The DVD dealie is like a bookshelf, but very narrow, and not very tall. Probably 4' tall and about 10 inches by 8 inches. But it keeps all the DVD's in their little DVD homes all nice and neat and looking kind of like books in a shelf - as opposed to looking like cluttered piles of DVD's sitting on all the endtables.

The bookshelf is a necessity. The 4-shelf system I've put on the wall in my bedroom is now so overloaded that I fully expect it all to come crashing down onto my computer in the middle of the night one of these days. 5 ft. long shelves, stacked double-layer deep with just those little wall-socket plastic brackets to hold them up...

I need my very own library. Seriously.

Stopped at JoAnn last nite on the way home. Needed some brown fabric. I hate brown. Mom used to always dress me up in brown and beige and tan when I was a kid, when I really wanted pink and yellow and green and stuff. So of course, I now hate brown and beige and tan - so I seldom buy any. But the Mystery Quilt has taken over my psyche, and I'm making it along with the rest of you (if there are any rest of you) and I'm using mint green, pink and now... brown. It's a nice pinky brown, and has green leaves on it, so it all fits together nicely.

Of course, I needed more fabric in much the same way that an eskimo needs more ice cubes - but that's neither here nor there... and we shall ignore the fact that I also picked up 2 1/2 yards of this delicious green and cream cloverleaf print, and a yard of some Randy-Loud black with mardi-gras beads...

Hello, my name is Sewmouse, and I am a fabric-aholic.

Hellooooo, Sewmouse.

Someone in the comments section at Firedoglake this morning mentioned they too have been gifted with a BushRegime countdown keychain:

509 days.

No comments: