Thursday, September 07, 2006

*Sniff* I smell elections in the air...

The days are getting shorter. The yellowjackets are in full swing. The garden is beginning to show signs of moving toward hybernation. The nights are very cool, there is fog/dew on the windshield in the mornings, and a crisp "ripe apple" kind of scent and feel to the morning breeze. November is rushing toward us.

Gas prices are down. In some places as much as 50 cents a gallon - and dropping.

The secret CIA prisons have been outted, and Shrub-Boy is defending them as if they were LEGAL.

What "Immigrants" (<-Read "Wetbacks") want is no longer a priority, since someone told Bush "They can't vote, idiot!"

And now suddenly, Iraq is taking over resposibility for it's own security. Wow. How does this happen? I mean, just a couple of months ago, the Generals over in Iraq said there was only ONE small group of Iraqi soldiers who were ready to be in charge of their own area - and now the whole COUNTRY is being turned over?

Can this all be because of Tony Blair's indication he's going to resign? Or do you smell electioneering the way that I smell it? Are you expecting a "terrah alert" any second, the way I am?

Don't get me wrong - I'm THRILLED that there is some progress in the war to bring home American soldiers from illegal, immoral wars of imperialism. However, I don't see this as being progress - I see this as blatant "electioneering" by Bushco. How much would you Neocon Freeper Dittohead Annie-Banannie Addict Lemmings want to bet that as soon as the elections are over, it will suddenly become "IMPERATIVE" that the control of Iraqi forces return to the Americans, that the price of gas skyrockets, and that Shrub-Boy starts bullying congress for another amnesty for illegals program?

Hmmmmm????

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love this. Down here in the uber-conservative south, I'm surrounded by Bushniks all parrotting the sound byte of the day. I have a couple of work husbands that feel the same as you & me, and we were making the same comments today.

I also think that when ole beady-eyes is in front of the cameras, he bears a striking resemblance to Ted Baxter of the Mary Tyler Moore show.

John Good said...

Gas prices are down. In some places as much as 50 cents a gallon - and dropping.

Whew. I was beginning to think I was the only one that noticed a 20% drop in gas prices RIGHT BEFORE Labor Day and 60 days out from an election. . .

Thanks for stopping by Left in Aboite as well. =)