Friday, September 08, 2006

Dear:

Gayle:

We grew up together. I remember holiday parties at your parents' house, and hanging out with you and your brother. When exactly did you lose your ability to check your facts before passing on false information? I've been monitoring the propaganda pap that you've been e-mailing to my Dad. All those "bad bad Libs, Holy, Holy GOP" ones.

See - anything that sounds too "emotional" is something that I check with Snopes or some other "urban legends" or "truth" site. There's a lot of misinformation being diseminated by BOTH sides, but it seems that those on the "conservative" side are working just that little bit harder.

Early in the Bible, Moses is told "Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbor". Every time you forward on one of those emotion-laden anti-Liberal Pro-Bush e-mails without checking first to see if it is truth, you are breaking that commandment. Period.

The ACLU, and other organizations, do enough things that I don't agree with all on their own. You really don't have to TELL LIES about them for me to be skeptical of their agenda. But don't come waving your Christian banner at me if you are going to be LYING and spreading LIES. I won't believe you.

Accounts Payable Clerk:

Quit lying to me. Quit telling me you're going to pay this week, then not running a check. No excuses. STOP IT.

Accounts Receivable Clerk

I'd be able to pay you a lot faster if I didn't have to spend fucking HOURS on the phone answering your stupid questions about why you weren't paid. Call once. I'll tell the truth.

And when I ask for a copy of an invoice - understand that I'm not doing this to piss you off, or to make YOUR personal life a living hell. I'm trying to get you PAID, DIPSHIT!! Or I'm trying to avoid having my boss contest your credit-card charge to my bill! Quit being a dork and fax/e-mail the damn invoice already!!

Manual checks suck
Manual Checks Suck
Manual Checks SUCK
MANUAL CHECKS SUCK

PASS IT ON

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It disheartens me to see you blast a friend this way, even if she is saying things you don't agree with. It should be ok that we don't all see the world the same way. Or is it perhaps that you find her viewpoint to be dangerous...hmmm?

Sewmouse said...

Actually, this is a relative.
Someone related to me. Someone who is sending lies and deliberately manipulative garbage to my 85 year old father.

I find it dangerous that the Political Extremists on both sides are using terrorist tactics such as these e-mails to do harm to others and to further their political agenda by manipulation of deeply held religious beliefs.

Perhaps you could grow a pair and not post as "anonymous"?