Tuesday, April 04, 2006

The Train Still Sucks

Chugga, chugga, chugga.... whipping back and forth .... guys on cellphones at 2 a.m.... bad coffee. Stopping in every podunk dinky town between Orlando and Washington DC - because you have to go to DC to get to Chicago.... The train still sucks.

Well, I'm home. Got the computer back to working again, and soon I'll take a break and maybe order in some carryout chinese.

The last 8 days have been a monumental tribute to Murphy's Law. Along with the death of my mother, absolutely nothing at all has gone correctly.

The flight down was late. The car rental place lost my reservation. I couldn't get a one-way rent-a-car. I forgot my hairdryer, my cell phone is acting weird and the train thing got all fardleschnockered up on the way back, not to mention that I fell down the stairs on the train trying to get to the bathroom at 4:00 a.m.

But I got home.

For those of you who give a shit - I thought you might like to see a picture of Mom with Dad that was taken at a church outting a little while back. Dad says it is one of the better "recent" ones of Mom, and I agree.



Excuse me, I have to strangle a cat that thinks it needs attention...

No comments: