Friday, March 10, 2006

Certified!

Well, I took my CPR class today. We learned how to do heinous things to plastic dummies, how to hug someone for the Heimlich maneuver, and how to use the new defibrillator (spelling??) device that the company bought.

Then we took a test - and I got all the answers right.

I got an American Red Cross CPR Certification card thingy that is good for 2 years to haul around in my wallet.

I hope to hell I never have to do this. I know I can, and will, if needed - because I did when Dippy stopped breathing back in 1975 - but.... I really hope I never have to again. I was lucky - Dippy lived. Not everyone does, and the CPR part worries me - especially knowing how fragile a heart is from my own self.

But like the trainer guy said - you don't do it unless the person is - essentially - dead unless you do. So I will. But I hope I don't have to.

So there ya go, Kal. I be certified! (Or certifiable.....)

No comments: