Monday, October 03, 2005

You May Be Wondering

Why you need to enter the annoying "type these letters" code before you can comment. I'm sorry to have to do this, but someone decided that this was their forum and they could advertise here. Wrong. Everyone who is a reader is welcome to comment. Nobody is welcome to advertise, especially bots.

Well, I'm hoping that things will go well and I will be able to visit Dad and Mom next month. The airfares aren't horrid then, and it would be very nice to be able to see them, even if Dad won't let me stay there. I need to call him. I know that last year, Paul called me and things were NOT as bad as he chose to portray them. I am not entirely hopeful, but I suspect that this is the case again.

Paul seems to delight in breaking BAD news to me. In fact, he was incredibly silent as if in shock, when I told him that if I go down there, I fully expect Mom to not recognize me. I suspect I will be "that girl" - or "the lady" - not her daughter, and while that hurts, I have reconciled myself to the fact that my Mother will not know me. I still love her.

Bleh - year-end-closing at work today. Never a fun time as an accountant. I am pleased, however. The new CPA at work thought that MY spreadsheets had been created by Joe, the former CPA (meaning my work is "up to standard"!!!) and he thought that Tom was making all the journal entries (I do that!!). So my work is standing up well. I kind of like the new guy. We were supposed to have a 10 min. chat, he stretched it to almost an hour. :)

Perhaps there is light.

No comments: