Thursday, May 19, 2005

Ahhhhh - zzzzzzzz

The joy of a new mattress!

For years I've joked about the "dent" in the old one, and my friends thought it was just a joke. Guess what guys? No joke. Tuesday the delivery guys came by and hauled away that sorry excuse for a sleeping surface and left in it's place a lovely, new, exceptionally TALL mattress.

This thing is at least 6 to 8 inches thicker than the old one. Feels like I'd need a ladder to get into bed now. But once there... oh my my my!

So comfortable. The first night was rough - sleeping in a new place always is for me - but last night I was like a rock. Were it not for that ingrained inner alarm clock, I'd still be there snoozing, and it's after 10:00 a.m. now.

If my boss is right, and sleep deprivation is part of why I feel like crap most days - it will be interesting to find out what it feels like to NOT feel like crap.

I may like that.

No comments: